In ten days, I will be beginning a long distance relationship. Not just long distance (although that’s quite enough!) but also across time zones. My boyfriend, Shane, will be spending 5 months at home in Ireland, and we’ll have an 8 hour time difference between us. There is already a 13 hour time difference between me and my friends and family in Detroit, so I feel like an old hand at this, haha.
So, in preparation, I’ve been doing two things: spending quality time and making goals. Time passes so much easier for me when I’m staring at a bunch of little check points instead of worrying about making it to a finish line.
My goals for the next 5 months are these:
- Get back into crocheting and embroidery;
- Read so much more;
- Reboot my wardrobe to be more professional;
- Move up two belts in Haedong Gumdo;
- Plan my visit to Ireland;
- Become an excellent correspondent;
- Keep a blog to show and share.
Part of the quality time that Shane and I have been enjoying has been spent taking lots of pictures. Here’s a shot of me that he got last week; more to come.